We would like to reassure our clients that, despite the current coronavirus pandemic, we continue to work hard – and safely.
Over the last few months, our main priority has been to keep our staff and clients safe, whether on-site or at our premises.
We have a robust COVID-19 Response Plan that covers all key areas of our business, providing guidance on everything from self-monitoring and travel to work sites, right through to enhanced PPE and mental health. We also have a comprehensive COVID-19 risk assessment that covers office working, manufacturing and transportation.
Our fast, effective action to put stringent Health & Safety requirements in place has allowed us to safely complete and begin new projects during the pandemic – without interruption.
For example, we finished a major fit-out for Penguin Books UK's new London HQ in June. We did this by adhering to our comprehensive safety measures and complying with on-site requirements, including a ban on workers travelling to the site via public transport. We used measures such the use of split shifts and night shifts to complete the work to a tight deadline.
We will always comply with our clients' own COVID-19 Health & Safety policies and monitor compliance extremely closely. We do not allow any activity to take place unless – or until – it can be done safely.
We also continue to initiate new projects. When clients need to meet us in person, we have systems in place to ensure meetings are safe – including holding them during the lunch hour when fewer people are at our premises.
Thanks to our swift response to the pandemic, the vast majority of our staff are still working full-time – remotely where possible and necessary. This means you still have access to our team's expertise at all stages of your projects.
COVID-19 Response Plan
- Returning to work from abroad
- Travelling to and from The Works, Basildon
- Travelling to multiple sites
- Working on site
- Visitor requirements working and non-working
- Access and egress, including delivery drivers
- Welfare arrangements
- Localised Cleaning
- Interaction between staff
- Mental health
- Cleaning and disinfecting
- Dealing with a suspected case of COVID-19
- Enhanced PPE for First aid
- Exposure to confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Access, egress, PPE, breaks and welfare
- Working with others / social distancing
- Interaction with staff members